Head of HR
Head of HR (fulltime)
Stage Entertainment is one of the world’s largest musical theatre producers and owners. Our international show portfolio ranges from iconic titles such as Mamma Mia!, Chicago, Lazarus, Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin to originally developed work from within the group such as Anastasia and Tina – The Tina Turner Musical. Stage Entertainment is the market leader in Continental Europe and operates a network of 15 theatres in prime cities such as Hamburg, Berlin, The Hague, Madrid, Paris and Milan. In addition, Stage Entertainment has musical productions on London’s West End and New York City’s Broadway.
Vision and culture
The vision of Stage Entertainment is: “To be the leading integrated musical theatre platform, creating, licensing and producing premium experiences to broad audiences in local languages in world class theatres”.
The key mission has always been to bring people together by telling stories and providing exceptional experiences through world-class live entertainment. Memories that last a lifetime.
We leverage our unique combination of creative production capabilities and operational excellence. We attract, retain and develop leading professional experts and talents. We take our responsibility in society by sharing stories worth telling in a modern and innovative way. We value our people and the businesses we work with. Diversity is an integral part of our DNA. We continue to build an inclusive culture that celebrates the diverse voices of our employees and reflects the communities we operate in. We work as one, to create for many; across professions, levels of the organization and countries. With passion, respect, and responsibility we challenge ourselves to bring nothing but the best to our audiences.
Stage Entertainment Nederland
Currently we are looking to attract a Head of HR for the Dutch operation of Stage Entertainment, which is a growing € 75m business and permanently operates 2 theaters in the Netherlands, the Beatrix Theater in Utrecht (1.600 seats) and the AFAS Circus Theater in The Hague (1.860 seats).
The Head of HR reports to the MD of Stage Entertainment Netherlands, Walter Drenth. S/he reports solid line into the Country MD, Walter Drenth. A functional / "dotted" reporting line goes into the Group's Group Director Enabling Services (Legal and HR) Anne Roest Crollius.
Are you our Head of HR for Stage Entertainment Nederland, who shares our passion and dares to challenge and likes to be challenged?
Head of HR
- Be the first point of contact for your HR team and act as a shared service center manager for the business pillars: Theatre, Productions and Office
- Be end-responsible for all the HR/People related matters in the Employee lifecyle (Employer Branding, Recruitment & Onboarding, Payroll mutations and Payroll control, Learning & Development, Absence, Performance, Offboarding etc.)
- Be the go to person for all the HR matters for office employees
- Be involved in shaping and aligning the Stage Entertainment Netherlands, people and culture strategy and executing this strategy together with the business and your team (2 HR employees, 1 HR Operational Business Partner)
- Work closely with the business partners in order to translate their needs and challenges in initiatives and actions
- Work closely with the Works Council to discuss and follow up on organizational- and employee matters and managing expectations
- Act as a driving force behind team- and organizational performance and effectiveness
- Act as a change agent in (people) culture transformations
- Act as advocate for Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and work closely with our national and international EDI taskforces to implement accordingly
- Use data that help to further develop and innovate the HR processes and policies
- Liaise and algin on HR initiatives with the International HR team for economy of scale
- Implement and realize the people strategy, HR agenda, policies and initiatives.
Overview of your team
The Head of HR is end-responsible for the Stage Entertainment Nederland HR agenda, policies, initiatives and HR operational matters. The HR team consists of 2 HR employees (2 fte) and 1 HR Operational Business Partner (0.8 fte), who is responsible for the Production pillar. Payroll is a shared service center also located in our Amsterdam office with the Stage Entertainment Headquarters.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree and about +/- 10 years of relevant experience in a high-demanding/dynamic environment
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- You have Digital HR experience: implementing and/or working with HRIS systems, HR (integration) process design. Experience with Workday is a big plus!
- You possess broad HR advise & project management experience
- You are flexible in switching your priorities day by day
- You are hands-on, empathic, communicative, and result and solution-oriented
- A challenge makes u excited.
What is in it for you?
- A salary offered in line with market which matches your knowledge and experience
- Opportunities to develop yourself by attending (online) trainings and courses
- A nice work location at the Zuidas of Amsterdam (close to the RAI), and opportunities to work in the Theaters (Afas Circustheater in Den Haag and Beatrix Theater in Utrecht)
- Hybrid working policy (60% working from the office, 40% from home)
- Discounts on theatre/live entertainment tickets
- Iphone & Laptop
Do you own your actions and take responsibility for results, dare to challenge and like to be challenged and you do this by putting your heart and soul in it? Then we are looking for You!